Blackbird™ is an adaptation of Raptor Computing Systems' next-generation POWER9 platform to the microATX form factor. Focusing on the desktop use case, it is a single socket PowerNV system.
| Mainboard Part #
|| Form Factor
|| CPU Type
|| Storage Controller
||3x GbE (Broadcom BCM5719)
- MicroATX form factor.
- One socket accepting a 4-core or 8-core POWER9 Sforza CPU.
- Two DDR4 memory channels (ECC memory required).
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports provided by a Broadcom BCM5719 chip.
- Four SATA ports provided by a firmware-free Marvell 88SE9235 SATA chip.
- 5.1 audio supporting analog and S/PDIF outputs.
- HDMI output via BMC (2D framebuffer), using a firmware-free IT66121FN PHY chip.
- Four USB 3.0 ports (2x rear, 2x on header for front panel) via firmware-free TUSB7340 XHCI chip.
- One x16 PCIe Gen4 slot.
- One x8 PCIe Gen4 slot.
- AST2500 BMC.
- CPUs with more than eight cores may operate without WoF due to power regulator limitations.
- CPUs with four and eight cores function normally.