Welcome to the Raptor Computing Systems Wiki!
This community-driven Wiki provides documentation about:
- Raptor Computing Systems hardware and software like Talos II™ and Blackbird™
- application and software concerning OpenPOWER / PowerNV and POWER9.
See the list of all pages or use the search function to search for specific topics (since not every wiki page is directly linked here).
Use the Raptor CS community forum for discussions.
Please consult the Wiki User's Guide on how to use and contribute to the Wiki.
Raptor + OpenPOWER
- February 23 2022: In the EU/Europe and looking for owner-controlled POWER9 products? Check out out the Vikings Store based in Germany
- At HotChips 32 on August 17 2020, IBM presented POWER10
- Since March (2020-03), the OpenPOWER Foundation hosts weekly informal "virtual coffee" teleconference calls for users, developers, and those otherwise interested in OpenPOWER. Please be aware of the time-zone (bottom left) if looking at the Google web calendar.
- IBM is stating that Power is not vulnerable to MDS vulnerabilites (Fallout, RIDL, ZombieLoad). 1, 2
Past events where RCS systems were on display are listed at the events page.
- A Building FAQ has been started.
- Initial RAM compatibility lists are now available.
- Ultravisor State is still not very well understood.
- Speculative Execution Vulnerabilities of 2018
- A Desktop Roadmap has been started.
- Talos II specific compatibility
- Blackbird specific compatibility
Where to buy
Manufacturer: Raptor Computing Systems, LLC., USA
Available products: servers, workstations, mainboards/parts, custom builds, POWER9 VPS & dedicated system leases
Ships to: world-wide
Raptor Computing Systems Homepage
Integrator: Vikings GmbH, Germany
Available products: servers, workstations, mainboards/parts, custom builds, POWER9 dedicated system leases
Ships to: world-wide
Available products: CPU's
If buying a CPU for a Blackbird, make sure its TDP is compatible.
People occasionally sell Raptor products on the Raptor Computing Systems Community Forums and IRC. All usual caveats about buying from individual sellers apply; be careful!
- Raptor Computing Systems Homepage
- Raptor Computing Systems Helpdesk
- Raptor Computing Systems Official Twitter Account
- Raptor Computing Systems Git Repositories - Official distribution channel for software/firmware releases related to RCS products
- Raptor Engineering Gitlab Instance - Open collaboration platform for software/firmware development related to RCS products
- Raptor Engineering Bugtracker
- OpenPOWER Foundation Homepage
- OpenPOWER Foundation YouTube Channel
- IBM Bounty Program on BountySource
- RCS Community Forums hosted by Raptor Computing Systems
- OpenPOWER-Community-Dev mailing list hosted by the OpenPOWER Foundation - for discussing developer/grass roots OpenPOWER and/or PowerPC matters - hardware and software.
- OpenPOWER-HDL-Cores mailing list hosted by the OpenPOWER Foundation - for discussing all matters related to HDL/Software implementation of OpenPOWER compliant CPU cores, SoCs, FPGAs etc.
- OpenPOWER “Virtual Coffee” Calls hosted by OpenPOWER Foundation - weekly informal "virtual coffee" teleconference calls for users, developers, and those otherwise interested in OpenPOWER. Please be aware of the time-zone (bottom left) if looking at the Google web calendar.
- Talospace community user blog - news and other posts about Power and Raptor or IBM hardware
- The Cat Fox Life community user blog - news and other posts about OpenPOWER/PowerPC