Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mainly to be used as primary development computer.
Date of purchase: Oct. 2019
|Component||Brand||Model||Costs in AUD|
|Mainboard||Raptor||Blackbird Rev. 1.01||1645|
|CPU||IBM||8-Core POWER9v2 with 3U HSF||1368|
|Desktop Case||Streacom||BC1 Open Case XL ATX||195|
|Power Supply||Cooler Master||MWE Fully Modular (750 W)||148|
|RAM||Samsung (OEM)||2 x 8 GB DDR 4 ECC DDR4||588|
|Integrated Video Card||Aspeed||AST 2500 onboard VGA||0|
|Discrete Video Card||Gigabyte||Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB OC edition||400|
|SSD||Samsung||950 Pro M.2 2280 512gb PCIe 3.0 SSD MZ-V5P512BW||100|
|M.2 Riser card||Silverstone||ECM25 M.2 PCIe 3.0 X8 adapter card||12|
|Accessories||Generic||X16 to X8||10|
|Operating System||Fedora||Server 32 (rawhide)||0|
- Sound works
- AST 2500 VGA works
- OpenBMC CLI/Web works
- RaptorCS's OEM RAM is not recognised correctly on DIMM 1 - reported to the support team, let's hope they would patch this issue soon
- Failed attempt to install Ubuntu Server 19.10 because the installer failed to pick up NVMe drive correctly.
Solution: Please see https://wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/User:FlyingBlackbird#NVMe_SSD_is_recognized_but_the_installation_seems_to_use_the_wrong_device_name_later
- Fedora Server 32 (rawhide) is successfully installed without a hitch!
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 does not output video in bootloader after loading vega10 linux firmware in the PNOR.
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 does not output video correctly on the host system with Kernel 5.4.18. This issue is fixed with 5.5.0