Talos I or the Talos Secure Workstation was the original Talos™ system proposed by Raptor Computing Systems. As its crowdfunding effort on the CrowdSupply website was unsuccessful, this system was never created. A prototype mainboard was never made, yet some tests to simulate Talos I operation were run on an IBM S822LC Firestone server.
|Mainboard Part #
In addition to being sold as a mainboard, the Talos I proposal also included pre-built systems.
|Talos Desktop Edition
|Talos Storage Server
|Complete Talos Workstation
- Crowdsupply page for Talos I - contains POWER8 performance comparisons and other useful information
- Raptor Engineering Talos I prerelease page - now redirects to Talos II page at Raptor Computing Systems (archived), some subpages are still online:
- Talos™, OpenPOWER™, and the World Beyond x86
- Unreal® Engine 4 on OpenPOWER™
- Talos™ Frequently Asked Questions
- OpenPOWER / Talos™ Demonstration Videos and Presentations
- Why POWER?
- Preliminary Talos™ Specifications
- GPU Passthrough on OpenPOWER™
- Comparison of Talos™ with Existing Libre and Non-Libre Machines
- Legacy x86 Applications on OpenPOWER™ via QEMU