Talos II/Hardware Compatibility List
These cases were successfully used by someone.
- SuperMicro SC732i-500B
- Not recommended for 12 core and higher CPUs
- SuperMicro SC732D4-903B
- Add-on sound card recommended
- Add-on USB 2.0 card or USB 3.0 hub recommended
- SuperMicro SC747TQ-R1400B
Known problematic cases
- Fractal Design Define XL R2
- Missing standoff holes for the top-left and top-middle positions.
- Some alternative standoff in at least the top-middle position may be required to prevent too much bending of the motherboard while inserting RAM.
- BeQuiet Dark Base 900 (Robbieab (talk))
- Claims to support E-ATX on the BeQuiet website
- Infographic showing the motherboard space to only be 322mm deep, which is 8.2mm short of the full-size E-ATX.
- Emailed them for clarification, but no response. Can't confirm either way.
These cases claim E-ATX support and are planned to be used by someone.
- Nanoxia Deep Silence2 (Sharkcz)
When planning to run with both CPU sockets populated keep in mind that the power-supply should support also 2 8-pin EPS connectors.
|Pacific Sun||X10723042S||8GB||DDR4-19200||Registered||Yes||POWER9 DD2.1||Hostboot cc2d45a||Official|
|Kingston||KTH-PL424/16G||16GB||DDR4-19200||Registered||Yes||POWER9 DD2.1||Hostboot cc2d45a||Official|
|Micron||MTA18ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1||16GB||DDR4-19200||Registered||Yes||POWER9 DD2.2||Hostboot 28927a7||Official|
|Micron||MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G3D1||16GB||DDR4-19200||Registered||Yes||POWER9 DD2.1||Hostboot cc2d45a||Official|
|Samsung||M393A4K40BB1-CRC||32GB||DDR4-19200||Registered||Yes||POWER9 DD2.1||Hostboot 1e2221d||Official|
Known Incompatible Memory
NOTE: Memory may be removed from this table after firmware support has been added, or there may be a fundamental hardware incompatibility. If you have incompatible memory listed in the table below, you may want to bookmark and check this page from time to time to see if a firmware update has resolved the issue.
|Samsung||M386A8K40BMB-CRC||64GB||DDR4-19200||Registered LRDIMM||Yes||POWER9 DD2.1||Hostboot 1e2221d||02/14/2018|
SAS/SATA Storage Drives
- LSI 9300 SAS HBAs
- PM8068-based SAS HBAs
NVMe Storage Drives
- Samsung 960 EVO / PRO (with M.2 to PCIe adapter)
- Radeon R9 290X
- AMD Radeon Pro WX7100 - Available pre-installed on Talos II workstation, server, and desktop configurations.
No display? Check out the GPU Troubleshooting page.
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX SB1570 PCIe 5.1 Sound Card
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity PCIe Audio Sound Card (SB0880)
- Mellanox ConnectX-6 EN 200Gb/s Adapter Card