Talos II/Firmware/2.00/Release Notes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
System Package 2.00 Release Notes
- Our standard ATX products (this includes Talos II and Blackbird) now ship with an easy to use Web GUI installed on the BMC.
- Full support for serial console interaction, iKVM, and remote media is added with this firmware version
- A recent Web browser, such as Ungoogled Chromium for POWER (https://github.com/leo-lb/ungoogled-chromium) is required due to the use of modern Web features. No closed source or proprietary plugins are required to use any of the BMC Web GUI features.
- Earlier methods of interacting with the BMC, including firmware updates over SSH, will continue to be supported across all product lines as they are efficient at scale in larger deployments. The Web GUI is just another way of interacting with the BMC, targeted at individual users and SME.
- The login credentials for SSH and the Web GUI are shared -- changing one will change the other. This makes it easy to change your BMC root password from a Web browser on a second computer if required.
- The Web server will not respond to
http://requests. You must access it via
- After upgrading from any system firmware package version before 2.00, spurious entries left over from previous firmware versions may show up in the system inventory. You can clear these from the BMC command line, with chassis power off as follows:
rm -rf /var/lib/phosphor-inventory-manager/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis
When the BMC starts back up and the system is powered back on, the inventory will re-populate with correct data.
- Supports DD2.3 ("v2") CPUs
- Supports Ultravisor
- Memory VPD updated to improve compatibility with third party RAM DIMMs
- New BMC cannot IPL old PNOR and vice versa (CANTFIX)
- Lockdown of P2A bridge for security breaks AST2500 VGA passthrough -- ast driver in guest cannot read configuration due to lockdown, and qemu does not pass host device tree information with VGA configuration data to guest kernel.