Talos™ II is Raptor Computing Systems' next-generation POWER9 platform. Focusing on security and performance, it is a dual socket PowerNV system that is available in desktop, workstation, and server form factors, or as bare mainboard.
Talos II is the successor to the proposed Talos I system.
|Mainboard Part #||Form Factor||CPU Type||Networking||Storage Controller|
|T2P9D01||EATX||POWER9 Sforza||2x GbE (Broadcom BCM5719)||SAS (optional, Microsemi PM8068)|
T2P9D01 Configuration SKUs
|SKU||Sockets||RAM slots||PCIe 4.0 slots||SAS Controller|
|TL1MB1||1||8||1 x16, 1 x8||Does not change SKU|
|TL2MB1||2||16||3 x16, 2 x8||Does not change SKU|
The primary user manual for the Talos II is the T2P9D01 User's Guide For Configuration and Setup.
In addition to being available as a mainboard, prebuilt systems are also available.
|TL2WK2||Talos II Secure Workstation|
|TL2SV1||Talos II 2U Rack Mount Development Platform|
|TL2SV2||Talos II 4U Rack Mount Development Platform|
|TL2DS1||Talos II Desktop Development System|
|TLSDS1||Talos II Special Developer System (DD2.1 stepping CPU)|
|TLSDS3||Talos II Entry-Level Developer System|
|TL1BC1||Talos II Lite Base Single CPU Board and Chassis|
NOTE: numbers are approximate and may vary. System power measured at wall with standard instruments. CPU power reported by OCC.
|Component||Design Power||Power Use (Idle)||Power Use (Full Load)||Additional Information|
|4-core CPU (DD2.1, 3.1/3.7GHz)||90W||31W||58W||CPU held at 50°C die temperature. WoF not yet boosting to full power.|
|PM8068 SAS controller||23W|
|Desktop Development System (TL2DS1)||111W||192W||2x 4-core CPUs, 2x 16GB RAM, 1x 1TB NVMe drive, integrated PM8068 SAS. 80% efficiency PSU.|
- T2P9D01 User's Guide For Configuration and Setup is the primary user manual for the Talos II
- Talos II Hardware Compatibility List
- Talos II Firmware Updates
- Troubleshooting/BMC Power
- Configure Power Restore States
- Add GPU Firmware To BOOTKERNFW
- System Assembly Video - SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Chassis
- POWER9 - CPU used by Talos II
- Blackbird - single socket, μATX cousin
- Talos I - predecessor, proposed POWER8 system
- Talos II homepage at Raptor Computing Systems' website